And the 2017 Swim-a-Thon Contest Grand Prize Winner is... NOVA of Virginia Aquatics!
Prizes for 2018 Announced!
- Swim 100 and 200 Lengths = Bag Tag
- Raise $400-599.99 = Sunglasses
- Raise $600-799.99 = Insulated Waterbottle
- Raise $800-1,199.99 = Long-Sleeve Hooded Shirt
- Raise $1,200+ = Inflatable Couch
WHAT IS SWIM-A-THONTM?
Swim-a-ThonTM is a fun and easy way to raise money for your team while supporting the USA Swimming Foundation! It’s a simple, in-pool fundraiser where participants earn money by swimming lengths of the pool.
Swimmers ask family members, friends, neighbors, or businesses to pledge a certain amount of money per length, or make a flat donation in support of the team. Athletes participating in your Swim-a-Thon fundraiser can earn participation and incentive awards from the USA Swimming Foundation, including bag tags, sunglasses, water bottles, t-shirts, and/or an inflatable couch. Plus, qualified teams are automatically entered into an annual, nationwide Swim-a-Thon contest where you'll have the opportunity to win valuable prize packages, and, the ultimate prize, a visit from a National Team athlete!
WHY SHOULD YOUR TEAM HOST A SWIM-A-THONTM?
In the past 10 years, more than 1,000 swim teams across the country have raised more than $50.8 million dollars for their clubs. In 2016, more than 550 teams raised $7.4 million dollars, that’s an average of $13,450 per team!
So, what can your team do with the funds you raised from a Swim-a-Thon?
- Training equipment
- Pool time
- Coaches education and salaries
- Team travel
- Video equipment
- Starting blocks
- Anything else your club needs!
Host a Swim-a-Thon through our
official fundraising partner: TeamUnify!
GET STARTED TODAY!
There are two easy ways to get started. You can sign-up through our Traditional or TeamUnify fundraising platform. Either way, your team will be swimming their way to fun and financial rewards!
- TeamUnify: Partner with our official online fundraising partner TeamUnify which allows for online donations directly through the TUMoney online fundraising platform.
- Traditional: Register your Swim-a-Thon through the USA Swimming Foundation's online Swim-a-Thon Dashboard to record your team's activities and successes.
HOW DOES SWIM-A-THON HELP THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION?
Since 2012, more than $1.4 million has been contributed in support of the USA Swimming Foundation's mission to save lives and build champions from teams hosting a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon. Teams sign a contract to contribute 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from their event to the Foundation. Each year many teams choose to contribute more than 5%, with some teams making the USA Swimming Foundation their charity of choice by donating 100% of their proceeds back to the USA Swimming Foundation!
WHAT DOES THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION DO WITH THIS MONEY?
- Provide Swim-a-Thon teams with prizes, including bag tags, sunglasses, water bottles, t-shirts, and an inflatable couch!
- Organize and fund the annual Swim-a-Thon contest, which all teams who have hosted a Swim-a-Thon are automatically entered to win.
- Provide $120,000 in funds to help fund the USA Swimming’s National Age Group Coaches Summit, the Women’s Leadership Conference series, and eight Regional Coaches Clinics, in 2017.
- Award grant funding money to our Make a Splash Local Partners to bring the lifesaving gift of free or low-cost swim lessons to children across the country.
- Support our National team athletes and coaches, allowing them to train full-time as they fight to keep USA Swimming the #1 in the world.
- And so much more!