OCTOBER SWIM-A-THONTM PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST
Calling all swimmers! Get ready for Halloween by entering the Swim-a-ThonTM pumpkin carving contest for a chance to win the ultimate treat for your team: a GoPro HERO4 Session, provided by TeamUnify and the USA Swimming Foundation.
The winning individual will also win a swag bag full of goodies from the USA Swimming Foundation in addition to a GoPro HERO4 Session for their team!
Grab a pumpkin and your teammates for an out-of-pool bonding experience. Get creative your own design, or download and print the Swim-a-Thon stencils!
HOW TO ENTER
- Entries will be accepted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Participants must include these items in their social media post:
- Pumpkin carving photo
- Team name
- Entries will be accepted throughout the month of October. The winner will be randomly selected on Wednesday, November 1 and announced on Friday, November 3.
- All clubs that are registered with USA Swimming are eligible to win.
- Both team and individual entries are encouraged.
- If the winner is an individual, the GoPro Hero4 Session will go towards the individual’s team and the individual will receive a swag bag from the USA Swimming Foundation.
- Entries using #USASwimAThon will give the USA Swimming Foundation approval to share social media posts and photos.
Earn 3,000 bonus points for your 2017 Swim-a-Thon total participating in this contest. Teams are only eligible for one bonus, regardless of the number of submissions. Points will be added to your team account by the end of November.
Swim-a-Thon is a fun and easy way to raise money for your team while supporting the USA Swimming Foundation! In the past 10 years, more than 1,000 swim teams across the country have raised more than $50.8 million dollars for their clubs. In 2016, more than 550 teams raised $7.4 million dollars, that’s an average of $13,450 per team!
Ready to get started? Visit the USA Swimming Swim-a-Thon page to sign-up and start raising money or read on to learn more!
What is Swim-a-Thon?
It’s a simple, in-pool fundraiser where participants earn money by swimming lengths of the pool. Swimmers ask family members, friends, neighbors, or businesses to pledge a certain amount of money per length, or make a flat donation in support of the team.
Athletes participating in your team Swim-a-Thon fundraiser can earn participation and incentive awards from the USA Swimming Foundation, including bag tags, swim caps, water bottles, t-shirts, hoodies, towels, duffel bags, and backpacks. Plus, qualified teams are automatically entered into an annual, nationwide Swim-a-Thon contest where you have the opportunity to win valuable prize packages, and, the ultimate prize, a personal club visit from a current National Team athlete!
WHAT CAN YOUR TEAM DO WITH SWIM-A-THON FUNDRAISING DOLLARS?
- Training equipment
- Pool time
- Coaches education and salaries
- Team travel
- Video equipment
- Starting blocks
- Anything else your club needs!
How does Swim-a-Thon help the USA Swimming Foundation?
Since 2012, more than $1.4 million has been contributed in support of the USA Swimming Foundation's mission to save lives and build champions from teams hosting a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon. Teams sign a contract to contribute 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from their event to the Foundation. Each year many teams choose to contribute more than 5%, with some teams making the USA Swimming Foundation their charity of choice by donating 100% of their proceeds back to the USA Swimming Foundation!
What does the USA Swimming Foundation do with this money?
- In 2016, the Foundation provided $120,000 in funds to help fund the USA Swimming’s National Age Group Coaches Summit, the Women’s Leadership Conference series, and eight Regional Coaches Clinics.
- The Foundation will be supporting USA Swimming’s 2017 Club Analytics Project, enhancing the Membership & Performance Database Reports, a benefit to every club in the U.S.A.
- We award grant funds to our Make a Splash Local Partners to bring the lifesaving gift of free or low-cost swim lessons to children across the country.
- The Foundation directly supports our National team athletes and coaches, allowing them to train full-time as they fight to keep USA Swimming the #1 in the world.
- And so much more!
When your team hosts a USA Swimming Foundation Swim-a-Thon, you are not only raising funds to build a stronger team at home, you are helping to provide endless opportunities to kids, athletes, coaches, and swim programs across the country!
Are you ready to get started on your way to fundraising the fun and successful way, the Swim-a-Thon way? Click here to learn more.