WHAT IS A SWIM-A-THONTM
Swim-a-ThonTM is a fun and easy way to raise money for your team while supporting the USA Swimming Foundation! It’s a simple, in-pool fundraiser where participants earn money by swimming lengths of the pool.
Swimmers ask family, friends, neighbors, or businesses to pledge money per length, or make a flat donation in support of the team. Athletes participating in your Swim-a-Thon fundraiser can earn cool prizes from the USA Swimming Foundation. Plus, qualified teams are automatically entered into the Swim-a-Thon contest where you'll have the opportunity to win prize packages, and, the ultimate prize, a visit from an Olympian!
GET STARTED TODAY!
There are two easy ways to get started. You can sign-up through our Swim-a-Thon Dashboard or through the TeamUnify fundraising platform.
- Dashboard: Register your Swim-a-Thon through the USA Swimming Foundation's online Swim-a-Thon Dashboard to record your team's activities and successes.
- TeamUnify: Partner with our official online fundraising partner TeamUnify to enable online donations directly through the TUMoney online fundraising platform.
WHY SHOULD YOUR TEAM HOST A SWIM-A-THONTM?
Since 2008, 1,000 swim teams across the country have raised $64.8 million dollars for their teams. In 2018 alone, teams raised $7 million dollars: an average of $25,000 per team!
So, what can your team do with the funds you raised from a Swim-a-Thon?
- Training equipment
- Pool time
- Video equipment
- Starting blocks
- Anything else your team needs!
HOW DOES SWIM-A-THON HELP THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION?
Since 2012, $2.3 million has been contributed to the USA Swimming Foundation from teams hosting a Swim-a-Thon. Teams sign a contract to contribute 5% (or more) of the gross proceeds from their event to the Foundation, though many teams choose to contribute more than 5%. Some teams even make the USA Swimming Foundation their charity of choice by donating 100% of their proceeds back!
WHAT DOES THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION DO WITH THIS MONEY?
- Provide Swim-a-Thon teams with prizes and incentives, including organizing the annual Swim-a-Thon contest.
- In 2018, provided $120,000 in funds to help fund USA Swimming's Diversity Select Camps, National Age Group Coaches' Summit, the Women’s Leadership Conference series, and Club President's Summit.
- Support our Make a Splash initiative, which helps to bring the lifesaving gift of swim lessons to children.
- Support our National team athletes and coaches, allowing them to train full-time.
No Results Found
Prizes for 2019 ANNOUNCED
- Swim 100 and 200 Lengths = Bag Tag
- Raise $400-599.99 = Sunglasses
- Raise $600-799.99 = 25oz Water Bottle
- Raise $800-1,199.99 = Long-Sleeve Hooded Shirt
- Raise $1,200+ = Inflatable Couch