Make a Splash
Make a Splash is your Resource to Find, get, or Give Swim Lessons!
The USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash initiative is saving children's lives through swim lessons. Through Make a Splash, the USA Swimming Foundation partners with learn-to-swim providers, community-based water safety advocates, and national organizations to provide swimming lessons and educate children and their families on the importance of learning how to swim.
The 3 main focus areas of Make a Splash are:
- Raising Awareness – we want to educate YOU and the nation about how important it is to get children into swimming lessons! To see how we are educating parents, children, and communities all over America about the importance of learning to swim, check out the highlights from our annual Make a Splash Tour presented by Phillips 66.
- Aligning Partners – we are bringing together national organizations, community-based water safety coalitions and advocacy groups, and volunteers to help us spread our water safety message! Interested in joining one of our networks? Click here!
- Increasing Participation – our current goal is to reach 1 million children annually through our Make a Splash Local Partner swim lesson provider network by December 31, 2017! To enroll a child in swim lessons and have them be a part of the 1 million, enter your zip code in the swim lesson finder below.
- No child is ever water safe. The goal of swim lessons is to make children SAFER in, on, and around water.
- Research shows 70% of African-American, 60% of Hispanic/Latino, and 42% of Caucasian children have little to no swimming ability.
- 10 people drown each day in the United States.
- Formal swimming lessons reduces the likelihood of childhood drowning by 88%.