THE USA SWIMMING FOUNDATION is your resource to Find, Get, or Give Swim LEssons!
The USA Swimming Foundation's Make a Splash initiative is a national child-focused water safety campaign which aims to provide the opportunity for every child in America to learn how to swim.
The three focus areas of Make a Splash are:
We want to educate YOU and the nation about how crucial it is to get children into swimming lessons! To see how we are educating parents, children, and communities all over America about the importance of learning to swim, check out the highlights from our annual Make a Splash Tour presented by Phillips 66.
We are bringing together national organizations, community-based water safety coalitions and advocacy groups, and volunteers to help us spread our water safety message! Interested in joining one of our affiliate networks? Click here!
For more information about saving lives through the Make a Splash initiative contact us via email or 719-866-3546.
- No child is ever water safe. The goal of swim lessons is to make children SAFER in, on, and around water.
- 79% of children in households with incomes less than $50,000 have little-to-no swimming ability.
- Research shows 64% of African-American, 45% of Hispanic/Latino, and 40% of Caucasian children have little to no swimming ability.
- 10 people drown each day in the United States.
- Formal swimming lessons reduces the likelihood of childhood drowning by 88%.
2. USA Swimming Foundation study through the University of Memphis and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2017
3. USA Swimming Foundation study through the University of Memphis and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2017
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
5. Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 2009
Raise awareness: Make a Splash tour
Each year, the USA Swimming Foundation embarks on a national awareness tour which visits cities across America to spread the lifesaving message of learn-to-swim. This year will mark the 50th tour stop of the Make a Splash Tour presented by Phillips 66. Check out the Tour page for more information!