By USA Swimming Foundation | Monday, October 30, 2017
From July 14-July 30, some of the world’s top athletes converged on Budapest, Hungary to compete in the 2017 FINA World Championships. Team USA never fails to impress, and this year’s event was no exception. Check out just a few of the many highlights from our amazing champions:
- Caeleb Dressel was awarded male swimmer of the meet. He also won seven gold medals and set three American records.
- Lilly King took home the gold and a world record in the 100m and 50m breaststroke. Overall, she swam away with four gold medals.
- USA Swimming Foundation Ambassador Chase Kalisz swept the men’s individual medley events (200m/400m), taking home gold in both.
- USA Swimming Foundation Ambassador Simone Manuel won gold in the 100m free and bronze in the 50m free, setting American records in both events. She won six medals overall.
- Matt Grevers won silver in the men’s 100m backstroke and bronze in the 50m backstroke, and took home two more medals in the relays.