USA Swimming Foundation
The USA Swimming Foundation raises funds to support programs that save lives and build champions - in the pool and in life.
The USA SWimming Foundation's Make a Splash Initiative is working to help children across the nation get into swim lessons, regardless of their ability to pay!
did you Know...?
- No child is ever water safe. The goal of swim lessons is to make children SAFER in, on, and around water.
- 79% of children in households with incomes less than $50,000 have little-to-no swimming ability.
- Research shows 64% of African-American, 45% of Hispanic/Latino, and 40% of Caucasian children have little to no swimming ability.
- 10 people drown each day in the United States.
- Formal swimming lessons reduces the likelihood of childhood drowning by 88%.
2. USA Swimming Foundation study through the University of Memphis and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2017
3. USA Swimming Foundation study through the University of Memphis and University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2017
4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
5. Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 2009
Help us teach 1 million children how to swim in 2018. Make a donation below or visit our Get Involved page to help us reach our goal!
Dive Into the Cause
Save lives and build champions - in the pool and in life
USA Swimming has been the #1 swimming nation in the world for more than 50 years. The USA Swimming Foundation is committed to supporting our U.S. National Team swimmers and coaches, providing them with funding that is critical to their pursuit of success in the water. Learn more about the USA Swimming Foundation's support of our National Team here.